Monday, March 11, 2013

Roll Out

So I figure if I'm going to talk about movies, I can start with one of the first movies I remember seeing in a movie theater, Transformers. And I'm obviously not talking about the lame Bay made  attempt that came out. I start there and this will just turn into a post about how much Shia Labeouf sucks in all forms. Just in music alone this movie pales. I listened to much of the soundtrack and while nice was not very memorable. In comparison the movie that was put out in 1986 had a very memorable soundtrack. It was a very 80's soundtrack to be sure but was still amazing. As just one example the opening theme:

Unfortunately, you'll have to go to YouTube as it appears Sony has blocked embedding to other sites. Which is ironic as they've never given this movie a blu-ray remaster. But I digress.
This movie was a big deal for most kids in the 80's. The TV show had been out for two seasons and had already built a following and at the time this was a next step for Hasbro to take. You were going to see something that was larger than just teh normal decticon versus autobot dynamic from the show. A more menacing evil in the for of Unicron. Certainly the movie surprised many people that went to see it. Enough so that changes were made to the G.I Joe movie in production, which is a great movie in its' own right.
I suppose this is being seen through a fans eyes but this film has more character and drama than any of the three current films out. I would highly suggest seeing this movie and judge for yourself. If so inclined the whole movie is available on you and is well worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment